BCM International Western Michigan, formerly Bible Club Movement, began in 1941 when a local church in Grand Rapids became concerned about reaching neighborhood children with the Gospel. In order to reach these children, they began conducting weekly neighborhood Bible Clubs. Then in 1945, Jim and Alice VerLee were appointed the area’s first Bible Club Movement missionaries. In the late 1950’s BCM began teaching Bible in the public elementary schools. This continued until the early 1980’s when we were no longer allowed to teach Bible in the classroom. BCM was forced to begin Released Time and After School Bible Clubs. In order to meet this need, we purchased Motor homes and busses and converted them into Mobile Classrooms. Presently, many clubs meet either on school grounds or at nearby facilities such as a local church. If these options are not available, students are able to meet in our most recent Mobile Classroom pictured here.